IMPORTANT: Our terpenes are 100% pure and extremely potent. They can be dangerous without proper dilution and must be handled with the utmost care.
Prior to handling our terpenes, the following safety measures should be taken:
- Mix terpenes in a well-ventilated area
- Wear gloves and eye protection
- Keep away from an open flame or heat source
- Have an eyewash station nearby
- Have a fire extinguisher available
Step 1: Determine Use for Terpenes
- Our terpenes can be used in a variety of ways including with oils/concentrates, food and beverages, for aromatherapy, and more.
- The use of the terpenes will determine the amount to use when mixing. Ingesting them directly such as in a food or beverages may require less than when inhaling directly such as in vapor form. And lastly, inhaling via aromatherapy through the use of a diffuser or others can use slightly more than other methods.
- However, no matter what use you have for terpenes, always start small and increase as needed after testing.
Step 2: Measure and Mix
- Measure amount of product you will be adding terpenes to.
- Determine how much of the terpenes to add. It is recommended to start at about 1% of terpenes per weight of finished product and increase accordingly (e.g., if adding to 1 gram of oil/concentrate, 0.01 grams of terpenes – about 1-2 drops – should be added).
- A laboratory pipet or syringe is the best method in which to add the terpenes.
- Add appropriate amount of terpenes to product. A glass container is always advisable to use and store your products in due to terpenes being volatile organic compounds and the potential for heat to be used in the mixing process.
- Mix the terpenes with product using a magnetic stirrer or pipet/syringe if unavailable.
- If the product is in a solid form, slowly add light heat to the mixture to allow for even consistency of product (it is recommended to not exceed 100° C in order to not lose any terpenes to evaporation).
- Once mixture has the same consistency and has been mixed thoroughly for a minimum of 3 minutes, allow to sit before consumption. The longer the terpenes steep, the more profound the flavors and effects will be.
Step 3: Enjoy!
- Enjoy terpene enriched products and add additional terpenes accordingly if needed.
- Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions or would like to give us any feedback on our products!